Welcome to the 6th Annual
Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management
Tuesday 23 – Wednesday 24 November 2010, Brussels, Belgium
Following on from the success of last year, VIBpharma’s 6th Annual Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Conference is set to take centre stage once more in Brussels.
Over the last couple of decades, advances in biomedical science have generated more new and complex medicines to treat a broader range of diseases and conditions than ever before. The number of people taking medications has increased dramatically, and, as a result, governments, patient groups and health advocates are demanding stronger regulatory practices and procedures, to assure the safety of medicines before and after they reach the market.
Hence, as the regulatory landscape continues to evolve it is crucial that you are keeping abreast of the changes impacting the drug safety industry to ensure that your pharmacovigilance strategies are robust and geared to compliance. In addition to this effective risk management and minimisation efforts and comprehensive benefit: risk analysis of drugs must lay the foundations for a strong drug safety strategy.
This educational 2 day conference provides a unique platform for you to address the practical approaches you can take to mitigate risks and maximise patient safety. A tailored conference will give you the opportunity to share knowledge and expertise and will provide unparalleled networking opportunities with a large number of professionals in this industry sphere.
VIBpharma’s 6th Annual Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management Conference is a must attend for all professionals working the field. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to:
- Gain critical insight on the latest developments in EU-PV legislation ensuring that your strategies are always geared towards compliance and ultimately patient safety
- Discover approaches for integrating effective safety risk management plans and risk minimisation measures into your overall drug safety strategy
- Understand how to leverage the tools available for evaluating the effectiveness of proactive risk minimisation strategies
- Identify best practice for the collection and reporting of safety data through optimal adverse event reporting and signal detection
- Improve inspection readiness with the preparation of robust safety documentation
- Explore the opportunities that outsourcing and offshoring can provide as part of your pharmacovigilance strategy
Key speakers include:
- Dr Shelley Gandhi, Unit Manager-Signal Management Group, Vigilance & Risk Management of Medicines
- Ingebjorg Buajordet, Senior Adviser, Norwegian Medicines Agency
- Karen Jaffe, Director Product Strategy, Oracle
- Dr Sandip Chaudhuri, Director Safety and Risk Management Lead, Pfizer
- Michael Forstner, Integrated Safety Risk Manager, Roche
- Dr Seema Jaitly, VP Global Medical and Scientific Affairs, Stiefle Laboratories, GSK
- Dr Izabella Bossowska, EU Qualified Person, Allergan
- Dr James Higginson, Safety Surveillance Adviser, Novo Nordisk
- Dr Yasmine Boulkroun, EU Risk Management Plans Coordinator, Cephalon
- Dr Frank Schwartz, Senior Director, Safety and Compliance, Ipsen
- Dr Marina Belle, Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance Manager, Aggregate Reports, Sandoz
- Peter de Veene, Deputy QPPV, Roche